Thursday, July 5, 2012

Train Trip!

My wonderful Aunt Mary is a preschool teacher in Red Wing (I sure wish we lived in Red Wing so our girls could be in her class).  At the end of every year she takes her students and their parents on a train trip from Red Wing to Winona.  Then they all hop on a bus and head to Lark Toys in Kellog to have a picnic lunch, ride the carousel, eat ice cream, and check out all the toys before heading back to Red Wing on the bus.  Brynn and I rode the train with Mary's granddaughter, Ella and my cousin Kristen last year.  It turned into a bit more of a family reunion this year!  Not only did Kristen and I ride the train with Ella and Brynn, but Katie and Henry, Angie and Nolan, my uncle Leo, Kristen's husband Graham as well as their little guy Logan all rode too.  It was so fun! 
 Brynn and Henry checking out the tracks waiting so patiently for the train.
 Nolan, Brynn, Logan, and Henry still patiently waiting.
 What a cute picture!  The Swanks sure make some cute kids!!
 Me and my big girl!
 The train finally arrived!
 Brynnie checking out he scenery on the way to Winona.
 Leaving the train and heading to the bus.  I don't know which she was more excited for-the train ride or the bus!

 Brynn chose a goldfish to ride on the carousel because it reminded her of her goldfish, "Goldie."
 YUM! 
I just had to throw this one in.  There's nothing better than watching a little boy eat his first ice cream cone :)

I can't wait to go on the train trip with Cara next year!  I think she will like it equally as much!

No comments: