Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Party fit for a *Princess*

Whenever we asked Cara what kind of birthday party she wanted she would always respond, "A Cindowelda (Cinderella) party."  For those of you that know me know I hate, yes hate, any sort of cartoon character...and the word princess sends shivers down my spine.  I tried very hard to talk Cara into any other sort of party-beachball party, Hawaiian party, Meow Meow party...you name it, I tried it.  However, her heart was very set on a Cinderella party.  And as we all know, what Cara wants Cara usually gets.  So needless to say we celebrated Cara's 3rd birthday with family and friends in a princess fashion.

Since we had a graduation party in the late afternoon we held Cara's party from 10:30-1.  Turns out it was the perfect time to hold a party. 
 We began the party with gift opening (thanks to the princess invitations, Cara received many princess related gifts-she couldn't have been more pleased.  I, however, could have thrown up, but instead I just enjoyed the day with her),

 followed by lunch,

 then cake.




Although it looked as if it would rain it turned out to be a really nice day so all the kids had a chance to go out and play.  What a bunch of cuties!

Thanks to everyone who helped make Cara's birthday so special!

No comments: