Sunday, April 8, 2012

Good Friday

Darren and I had Good Friday off and what a good Friday it was! To continue our annual tradition we spent a good portion of Good Friday morning at the MN Zoo to check out all the zoo babies. ADORABLE!


Since we arrived right when the zoo opened and headed straight to the farm it wasn't busy at all. The girls went through MANY quarters feeding all the animal. They absolutely LOVED it. I wish I captured a video of Cara's squeal every time a goat or sheep ate the food she was feeding it. Priceless!

Cara preferred to drop the food on the goat's tongue and
Brynn preferred to have them eat it right out of her fingers!
Up close and personal with the stinky cows. Of course Brynn only lasted 2 seconds in the cow barn before she couldn't take the smell any more...and Cara could have stayed there all day.
Super cute piglets!
This little piglet was out in a small holding area so we could pet it...I never knew piglets were so soft!

The farm girls :)

I boiled up some eggs during naps so when the girls got up we could dye them. I was highly disappointed when I couldn't find the roller egg dye this year. So, after much searching I settled on tie dye. It was okay...not nearly as hands on as the roller paints but the girls had fun.





My super serious/concentration face ;)
Since I didn't think the girls would be too hands on with dying the eggs I bought egg stampers thinking it would be fun. A great idea in theory, however, stamps do not work at all on a rounded surface. Why didn't I think of that?

All in all a great start to the Easter weekend!

No comments: