Saturday, February 12, 2011

Elmo's Healthy Heroes :)

Brynn's friends invited us to Elmo's Healthy Heroes at the Target Center two Saturdays ago. I wasn't super excited about going because Elmo, along with Dora, drives me batty. However, I knew Brynn would have fun with her friends. So, we loaded the van up and met two other friends and their moms at the Target Center.

Brynn, Abbie, and Miranda on their way to Elmo's Healthy Heroes!
Before the show started we all pulled out our cheap (that place is a rip off) snacks that we packed to try and entertain the ladies before the show started.
I was pleasantly surprised that the show was a musical. It was actually quite entertaining. After it started I wished we had brought Cara along with us--she LOVES singing and dancing. I also immediately thought of cousin Nolan, he adores Elmo.
After the show we all went out to lunch at an Applebee's that is right in the Target Center. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from the show. Of course we had 5 hungry and tired kids with us and to our luck a huge mix up occured and we were there for over an hour before our food came. When it did come they brought anything and everything we could have wanted (they took care of our bill too)--Brynn even got french fries and applesauce with her grilled chicken sandwich because they couldn't remember which she had ordered. She was more than excited--I don't think she has realized french fries were an option as we have never ordered them. Slowly but surely she is learning really how good life is :) We have gone out to dinner one other time since then (not at Applebee's) and Brynn told me, "I'll just have french fries with my hamburger, Mom." Luckily, I'm still the mom and I can say, "Oh no you won't Brynn." It's a good thing she is so sweet and will go along with whatever I say. Gotta love her easy going personality!

The cutie pies on their way home.

Megan (5), Brynn (almost 4), Jason (4), Miranda (3 1/2) and Abbie (4).

No comments: