Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Blast

Grandma Debbie had to leave Saturday after lunch to go watch Nolan and Tonja and the girls left shortly after two. Both girls took fantastic ( 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours) naps so I thought it would be fun to take them out. I had heard about The Blast at the Eagan Community Center (an indoor playground) from my sister so I thought we would try it out. They didn't get up until almost 5 so we had a quick snack then we headed to Eagan. I thought since it was dinner time it wouldn't be busy. Man, was I wrong! It couldn't have been busier. Apparently (because another dad told me) the two other gyms were housing basketball tournaments that are usually used to entertain the older kids. EVERYONE was in the one little area. Brynn was quite overwhelmed by all the kids and nervous to go too far from me. Cara wanted nothing to do with the tunnels, instead she enjoyed jumping on the rubbery floors.
Brynn really, really wanted to go down the big twisty purple slide but was nervous to crawl up there with all the kids. I tried to take one for the team and crawl up there with her and Cara, but some how she was separated from Cara and me. It took much longer than expected for Cara and I to find our way out because she wouldn't let me touch/help her as every time I did I would shock her. By the time we got out she was a mess and so was Brynn because she thought I had left her.
We were there all of 25 minutes (at the very most) and this is how we left. Poor girls. I don't think we will be going to The Blast any time soon.
Upon arriving home we put in a little One Hundred One Dalmations (the only movie that isn't too scary for Brynn) and made some popcorn.

The end of the night ended much better than I thought it was going to.

No comments: