Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

Since Darren's parents sought warmer climates early this year we started a new Christmas Eve tradition. We spent a large part of the day lazily playing in our pajamas, took a quick bath before naps, went to mass at 4, came home, had dinner, then opened gifts. It was the perfect day!


Not great, but not bad since it was taken with a timer!
Cara has developed a love for squash and can't seem to get enough of it. Since I knew she wouldn't go for the potatoes as part of her meal I warmed up some squash Grandma Connie froze for her before she left. She dove right in and had several helpings. I am pretty sure her entire meal consisted of squash this night. At least it's healthy!

Just tickled to be opening presents...perhaps they just wanted me to put the camera away and get on with it already!

Brynn opening Chutes and Ladders from Cara.

Ollie opening his bull penis from the girls.

Cara opening her personalized overnight bag and flashlight from Darren and me.

After Cara went to bed Brynn and I read How the Grinch Stole Christmas then...

sprinkled Grinch Dust on our front steps to assure the Grinch wouldn't steal our Christmas.

Lastly we put out cookies and beer for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. Initially, I gave Brynn one carrot but she told me, "Mom, Santa has a lot of reindeer. I think we should put out all the carrots." You're right, Brynn...he does have a lot of reindeer and will be tickled to eat all those carrots.

The cookies on the plate are the ones Brynn specifically made, picked out, and sprinkled for Santa. They were the only two left--they would have been gobbled up if they were not marked for Santa.

No comments: