Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

We had the BEST Christmas weekend. Christmas morning we were able to hang out in our jammies until just before lunch as we didn't need to be in Austin at my Uncle Nate's until 3:30. My entire family still gets together. And by entire I mean my mom, her nine brothers and sisters, their kids...and their kids, my grandma's great grandkids. I love getting together with all my cousins I only see a couple times a year. There were 10 (if I counted right!) great-grandkids all within 4 years of eachother there so needless to say the girls had a great time running around with their cousins.

Cara was so tired from all the excitement on Christmas morning that she fell asleep on the couch while Darren was vacuuming and I was packing the final things into the car. Luckily, she transferred to the car without a peep and slept all the way to Austin.

Santa comes to visit our family every year. He is HILARIOUS and makes it as enjoyable for the adults as he does for the kids. Brynn wanted to sit on his lap, but was worried that his beard would tickle her. Santa picked her up and held her out to his side to pose for a picture. Unfortunately, my camera is really slow so of course I didn't get a good shot.

Cara left my side for a few minutes which is extremly unusual and this is where I found her. Under the food table helping herself to the carmel puff corn. A girl after my own heart. Next to her notice a gross dirty napkin she found to put her stash on.
We have a tradition the day after Christmas to go to Skinner's Hill in Austin and go sledding. Most of the aunts, uncles, and cousins go. Darren packed all my snow stuff...except my boots, so I just sat in the warm car and watched getting out only for an occassional picture. Not really a bad deal at all :)
Brynn and Jackson went down the hill time and time again. Each time they went down there was an aunt or uncle willing to pull them back up. Makes sledding a bit more fun when you don't have to trek all the way back up the hill.


Not only do we sled the day after Christmas, but we also all meet out at the Holiday Inn to do a little swimming for the kids (even better when my cousins Gretchen and Claire volunteer to swim with the girls--THANKS, girls) and beer drinking for the adults. SO much fun. Brynn had a birthday party the following morning so we didn't get to stay the night this year, but we certainly took advantage of the swimming, snacks, delicious pizza from George's, and beer (well I drank the beer, Darren was driving us back so he just had a soda. Thanks, honey!) All in all a great weekend spent in A Town!

No comments: