Friday, January 27, 2012

Cookies, Gingerbread House, and Book Nook

Lynn always takes a personal day in early December to get all her Christmas shopping done. The last few years I've used this day to bake Christmas cookies with the girls. To make it a little easier on myself and to assure the dough had plenty of time to cool I made the dough the night before so we could get started right away the following morning. Brynn was up bright and early the following morning ready to bake. I was barely able to hold her off until after breakfast. Cara spent almost the entire time perfecting her roll, Brynn, on the other hand, preferred cutting the cookies out.




Good thing I waited until the girls napped to wash the floors!

Grandma Debbie made a quick appearance that same day to have the girls decorate a gingerbread house. Brynn, of course, followed the rules and put her candy on the house and Cara...was on sugar high.



After the cookie baking and gingerbread house decorating Cara did what she does best...found herself a little nook to read in. It just so happened to be the basket that was holding our Christmas books.




Monkey see, monkey do! Good thing he doesn't copy everything that Cara does!


Brynn and I decided it would be much easier if we frosted while Cara was napping. I have no doubt that we were right!





My favorite finished product!

No comments: