Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ouch!

I have been told by my dentist for years now that I really need to get my wisdom teeth removed. Something always got in the way...wedding, baby, baby...and every other excuse I could think of. We put money in our HSA to more or less force me to finally get it done. I had been told by others that had it done that it was either not a big deal at all OR it was horrible. I went in thinking it would be a little painful, but definitely something I could handle. Boy, was I wrong. It was AWFUL! My appointment was scheduled for Friday, April 15th...and Darren had class all day on Saturday and worked all day on Sunday so that meant me alone with the girls all weekend. Friday night came and I still wasn't able to lift my head off the couch without getting nauseous. Kate offered to help out with the girls on Saturday, but called about 8:30 Friday night saying Henry just threw up... There went my relief on Saturday. What else is a girl to do other than leave her mom a blubbery message on her cell phone crying that she needs help? Thankfully, my mom works evenings in Rochester and is more than willing to drive to Farmington instead of home when she's needed. Between she and Kate (Henry was well enough to have company on Saturday afternoon and Sunday) the girls were well taken care of all weekend.



No, Cara really isn't sleeping here...just doing one of her favorite things, tickling her ears with her Lovie!


The picture really doesn't do the puffiness justice. I looked as if I were a chipmunk storing nuts for the winter...lots of nuts...and by the looks of it it was going to be a long winter. It took a full week for the swelling to go down and another for the bruising to completely go away. I would highly recommend only removing the wisdom teeth that have emerged and are not impacted and take the "let's wait and see approach" on the others!

No comments: