Monday, March 1, 2010

Dad's Fishing Trip

I may give Darren a lot of crap about his annual fishing trip he goes on with the boys, but to be honest I really look forward to it...I just have to make him feel bad about leaving his wife, two daughters, and two dogs at home alone:) Honestly, I can hardly say alone. We had a fabulous 5 days without Darren around. On Friday night Aunt Tonja, and my cousins Claire and Carli, and Grandma Debbie came for a visit.
Carli was like the dog whisperer and had Ollie and Colby as relaxed as I've seen them since we've had Brynn. I think they were just appreciative that they were petted for longer than it takes me to pee (Ollie insists on coming in the bathroom with me-I think he knows it's the only time I have an opportunity to give him a little scratch on the head). She can come back and entertain them any time she wants!
It's pajama time!!
Lunch with the ladies...and Henry
Claire was so good with Cara. I REALLY wish they lived a bit closer (like next door) so I could call her on a dime and have her entertain Cara while I attempted to get things done--maybe I'd actually get a few things done...
Carli was a fabulous playmate for Brynners. She would do just about anything Brynn asked her. She even acted like she enjoyed it too!
Cara enjoyed trying her sea legs out on land. This was just the beginning of her wanting to stand/walk. A month later now it is ALL she wants to do. My back and knees are ready to give out, but that face is just too sweet to say no to.

Jenny Paul and Claire met us at Underwater World at the MOA. Luckily Jen and I are both teachers. That place is outrageously expensive, but we were able to get in free with our school badges.
All three girls loved looking at all the different fish. Too bad it only takes 10 minutes to go from end to end.
Cara and Mommy posing by the giant turtle.
Cara Bean on her first carousel ride. She LOVED it.



Brynn Tressa on her second carousel ride. Her first was when she was 10 months old and she was not a fan at all. Darren and I tried to get her to go on again last summer at the Como Zoo but she would have nothing to do with it. This time she giggled the whole way...all three rides.

No comments: